The Sports Premium Grant is additional funding from the Government to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. It is also to be used for improving the health and well-being of primary pupils.
Allocations for the academic year 2018-2019 are calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 and those age 5 in Reception, as recorded in the January 2018 census. Each school has also been allocated extra funding through the government’s sugar tax, increasing the total to approximately £18,000.
The sport premium has enabled us to continue to upskill our staff, through excellent CPD opportunities, and to purchase schemes of work. This additional training and curriculum materials are sustainable improvements that we can continue to build on over the next few years.
By the end of Key Stage 2 children should be able to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25m
- Use a range of strokes effectively
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations
Current Year 6 children:
- 81% of children can swim 25m
- 100% of children achieved Grade 1
- 55% of children achieved Grade 2