At Springfield Primary Academy Nursery we aim to provide a happy, secure, friendly and stimulating environment where children learn and have fun together supported by our professional and enthusiastic Nursery team.
As a nursery we aim to
- Develop a partnership with parents/carers, enabling children to learn at home and at nursery.
- Provide an environment which encourages children to talk, to listen and to share with adults and children.
- Provide a range of activities, which enables children to discuss, think, question and learn.
- Provide opportunities for parents/carers to share the progress and achievements of their child, to contribute to our observations and assessments of their child and therefore support our planning.
- Follow the principles of “The Early Years Foundation Stage” within all aspects of our practice.
- Interact with children so they gain knowledge and understanding of the world, of themselves and of others, whilst building a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Provide an environment, which is welcoming, safe and stimulating, where children enjoy themselves, grow in confidence and fulfil their potential.
Our Nursery session times are
- Morning: 9am -12pm
- Afternoon: 12.30pm -3.30pm
- Full Day sessions are 9am – 3.30pm
All children are entitled to 15 universal hours from the term after their 3rd birthday. Some children may be entitled to 30 hours as part of the new extended funding entitlement. Parents will need to apply and inform the school of their eligibility code the term before they wish to start claiming these additional hours. Further information about 15/30 hour funding can be found at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Parents who wish to apply for a nursery place please call into the school office or call on 01472 230260.